Saturday, January 15, 2011

If you had $1,000 for quilting -- what would you buy?

Dupioni Silks!  Hands down -- no questions asked.  I love so many fabrics -- but if I were to splurge, it would be all about silks. 

Every once in a while, my friends and I play the "what would you buy" (with the caveat that this is guilt free money that you HAVE to spend on quilting, of course).  I think about
  • Kaffe fabrics
  • Amy Butler
  • Books
  • Patterns
  • Aurafil thread samplers
  • Every ruler out there
  • More scissors (can you have too many?)
  • Lush wools
But in the end -- it's silks for me.  I touch them, caress them, admire them at all the quilt shows -- but I don't invest in them (yet).  If you haven't checked out today's guest author at Stash Manicure (http://stashmanicure.blogspot.com/), it's worth a peek to see them glow and shimmer.  I'd do one entire quilt in silks and cherish it forever.....

What about you?  If you had $1,000 for quilting, what would YOU buy?

Keep piecing, Jan

No comments: