What I do have is a huge mess in my playroom. I have fabric all over the floor which is actually working better than when I tried to sort by color. This quilt has 16 lollypop blocks and 32 smaller border blocks. I have a total of five quilt blocks and two border blocks done. Completely done!
I have spent the last 2-3 weeks working on laying out the remaining 11 quilt blocks. It is a slow slow process for me and I have six blocks with fabrics selected and the components cut out and completely prepped. They are ready to spot glue to the polka-dot fabric. My goal is to get all 11 quilt blocks (and border blocks) prepped and then have a gluing marathon. I do think there is some "economy of scale" in the assembly line approach as I remember my "tricks of the trade" and don't have to refresh and re-learn each time I start.
I hope you are having a rewarding time creating something wonderful!
PS -- thanks to all for your comments and spontaneous prayers for the young couple I mentioned in my last post. As I understand it, Ethiopian adoptions will continue and they remain somewhere on the list to increase their family one of these days. Very exciting!