This quilt has been years in the making. Literally. It started with admiring MacQuilts' Paperweight quilt that she made from a kit of Kaffe shot cottons. And then I got the pattern and hunted down the recommended kite ruler. And I started cutting...and cutting.
Aardvark Quilt pattern and I do love it. She gives good directions about using lights, darks, mediums in order to get a sense of depth in the quilt. I didn't really achieve that as well as I'd like. I used black on black fabrics for the kites -- as you look at various examples, this is easier said than done.
I wish each of you a wonderful, healthy, family filled Thanksgiving....with plenty of good calories.