I decided to put up my machine this week and focus only on handwork: applique, cutting fabrics, organizing fabrics, and even knitting. My primary goal was to finish the second block from Kim McLean's Lollypop pattern! I'm thrilled to say that this block joins the first and I now have two of 16 complete. That's a little overwhelming and makes me wonder what on earth I was thinking when I decided to appliqué this "wowser" of a quilt by hand.
I was also able to repurpose the sub-cut batik jelly roll from my-niece-the-quilter. I have been wanting to make a Cross Quilt and use Wanda's tutorial. Check it out at Exuberant Color. (Thank you, Wanda.) It took me a minute (or two) to internalize the second row of crosses but I think I have it down. Time will tell. Since I have very few batiks and no consistent color palette, I am able to add a few crosses from my stash but most will be from the jelly roll. I'm looking forward to getting the whole quilt laid out and starting to stitch it next week. Lots of seams so I am very grateful for my larger design wall.
I hope you have had a great week and done all kinds of fun things!