So -- that's the quilting part of my life in 2011. In addition, I should mention that the year also consisted of other joys and challenges (like everyones).
- I managed an integration of the people part of an acquisition of our largest competitor in one segment of our business. They did not necessarily come willingly. It was tough and there were many long days, late night calls, weekend conference calls, and unexpected "surprises"!
- We got the house ready to sell.
- Within 90 days of listing our house, we had sold, put all our belongings in storage and moved into temporary living -- without telling anyone but close family and friends.
- Lived in a hotel/temp living arrangement for 60+ days.
- RETIRED with no place to go.
- Moved to Kentucky and left wonderful friends, an incredible village and a very special church. Moved 7 hours farther away from our son and his family in the process. Definitely tears. Lots of them.
- Stayed in a hotel for short period of time before closing on a house and leaving for Hawaii the next day.
- Lived in new house with NO furniture (other than appliances and 2 twin mattresses/box springs) for 1.5 months.
This has been a year that we will remember in all the good ways. There was some sadness -- there were some tears -- but all in all, there has been more joy and peace and that's my hope for all of us as we think about all we want to accomplish in our quilting lives and our personal lives!
I hope you have joy. Jan